Friday, February 18, 2011

Hand in Hand: Music and Art

One thing that I ABSOLUTELY can not live without is my iPod. I use this iPod 24/7; from the time I wake up to the time I go to the bed. I depend on my iPod to help me concentrate on work especially, my Etsy work. In fact, as this moment, I am listening to "This Time" by John Legend. Studies actually show that music helps students in academic work as well as others in concentration on other tasks. I personally believe, that I create my best work when I'm listening to music: it calms me, helps me think and the music itself keeps me focused. Prior to receiving my iPod, I would sit myself in front of the television, with my mind just wandering from channel to channel, but now its a complete turn around. I even notice in how my shop has changed since the addition of music in my routine. My personal playlist for creating my pieces include Kanye West, Alicia Keys, and John Legend. What about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't post any derogatory, obscene or profane comments on this blog. Thank you for your cooperation!!